Tuesday, September 13, 2011

LADURÉE: My NYC Macaron Mission


World-renowned Parisian macaron house, Ladurée, recently opened its first store state-side, and I had the good fortune of taking it all in during my latest jaunt to NYC.

The traipse across town from an afternoon of shopping in Soho to the Upper East Side where Ladurée resides, plus the approximate two-hour investment of standing in line, coupled with waiting for my order to be taken, was well....worth it!  And given the line I encountered upon arrival--and the one that remained upon departure--I wasn't the only one excited to welcome Ladurée (or its perfectly scrumptious macarons, to be exact) to the NYC foodscape.


Beautifully decorated, the small storefront boasts exquisite window and interior displays of macarons and accompanying accessories.


When my time to order finally came around, I selected an assortment of pistachio, raspberry, coconut, salted caramel and lemon macarons for the ultimate sweet indulgence.


Word has it that plans for another location in NYC could be in the works--one that would include a tea salon and other special touches.  I'll be keeping my ears and eyes peeled, but for now I'm content to get my macarons counter-side when they're this good.

In closing, check out a short video with a look inside Ladurée on that busy, bustling afternoon.

Happy Eating!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig