Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer in the City (NYC, That Is)

I recently returned from my latest jaunt to NYC and, as always, the Big Apple drew me in with its insatiable energy, food, people, art, fashion and more of the things I truly enjoy.  From lunch at Rockefeller Center (street food fare done right) to a phenomenal Broadway show to an exhibit at The New York Public Library to late night jazz at Lincoln Center to brunch in Soho to Fifth Avenue shopping to Futbol (Soccer) at Chelsea Piers to a stroll along The High Line to a Gospel Brunch and Museum visit Uptown in Harlem (along with a few moments of sleep interspersed here and there) there was never a dull moment.  I happily rejoined the ranks of The City That Never Sleeps once more.


It was a superb time in every way imaginable--with big doses of reconnecting with special people, noshing on delectable eats from vegan falafels to homemade linguine to fried chicken and Swedish meatballs, enjoying the finest displays of art and entertainment and scoring a few good finds on the shopping front.  Even the weather was kind.  I adore the city's ability to become as massive or as intimate as you desire, along with the rich diversity of people, cultures, cuisines and outlets for creative expression. 

NYC never disappoints--and whenever I have to depart, I'm always anticipating my next visit.  There's so much to devour in this great city that it's impossible to fit it all in no matter how often you visit.  New horizons always await and favorite 'repeats' always beckon; I can't wait to get back!

So here's to Happy Living--filled with Happy Eating, Travels and much more!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig