Wednesday, March 1, 2017

{Style Files}: All Things Trench Coat

For those who know me, they will attest that having a sharp outerwear wardrobe ranks high on my style aesthetic.  From capes, to vests, to coats, to blazers, and more, the right pieces can totally make your look--or even be your look.  (Yes, I ascribe to the 'wear your coat' philosophy.)  Even the most casual and mundane looks can be instantly elevated into style perfection with the right outerwear.  And nothing could be truer when it comes to the world of trench coats.  I like to think of them as quintessential style pieces that belong in everyone's (especially every style maven's) closet.

 
From my earliest days romping around in my London Fog trench (anyone remember those?), until now, I've seen the trench maintain its long-held--and rightful--place in the fashion and style arena as a classic wardrobe staple.


And with the Spring season just around the corner, there's never been a better time to bring this style favorite to the forefront of your wardrobe.  To further rouse your inspiration in that direction, I've rounded up a few helpful tips and tutorials to take your trench wearing savvy to next level fabulosity.


 How To Tie a Trench Coat (Instyle)

Trench Coat 101: Details (Popsugar)

16 Ways to Style Your Travel Trench (Travelista) 

Parisian Chic Trench Style Tips 


Happy Styling!

Photos (excepting 1st image) courtesy of Pinterest
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Love the trench tips!
    Yes, it's the "little black dress" of outerwear....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the tips! And I agree; it's definitely the LBD of outerwear.

      Delete

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig