Sunday, August 27, 2017

Mixed Fruit Green Smoothie Bowl

I'm back on my smoothie craze these days, after an unintentional hiatus.  Ever since I began making smoothies years ago, I've been relatively constant about indulging--especially during the Summer months when my frothy, icy concoctions bring a much needed (and healthier) cool down.  I can rely on them to give me a semblance of the tasty goodness that ahem, a milkshake, might otherwise offer.

I also happen to be intentionally focusing on 'cleaner' eating these days, and smoothies are an easy go-to for loading fruits, vegetables, and added nutrients into your eating regimen.  My current favorite is a mixture of fruit and greens--with all the same good to you, good for you, scrumptious-ness that I love.


And while I'm talking cleaner eating, my newest star ingredient is a Coconut-Almond Milk blend that I discovered at the market recently.  It's everything (cue: diary free, gluten free, soy free, non-gmo and sugar free).  Everything, right?  Annnd.... it's only 45 calories per serving and provides the perfect creamy, sweet goodness as the base of my smoothie.  I'll admit that I was dubious about displacing my usual juice + coconut water base, but this was love at first sip.

So in the spirit of sharing and caring, I'm sharing my easy, good to the last drop smoothie recipe-turned-smoothie bowl.  About the bowl effect, I love it because it allows me to layer in more goodness with the toppings of my choice (fruits, toasted coconut chips, and whatever else your heart and taste buds desire.)  Smoothie bowls also happen to be all the rave right now, so I had to jump in on the fun.

Here's to more healthy, yummy goodness in your breakfast and snack routines and always to...

Happy Eating!

Mixed Fruit Green Smoothie Bowl
Ingredients:
1 cup Coconut-Almond Milk Blend (or Almond Milk, if you can't find the blend)
3/4 cup frozen mixed fruit
1/2 banana
1 cup fresh baby kale mix (or other greens of choice)
1 tsp honey
Fresh berries, coconut chips to garnish (optional)

Method:
Add milk, frozen fruit, banana, greens and honey to a blender and blend to desired consistency.  (Note: if smoothie mixture needs extra liquid, add in a little water and continue to blend.)  Pour smoothie into a bowl, garnish with toppings and enjoy!

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig