When planning your next big celebration (hint: New Year's), incorporate these essentials for an affair to remember!
1. The Perfect Bite: Delicious, elegant and easy bites, like Williams-Sonoma's Smoked Salmon Trio, will keep you and your guests satiated without the fuss of a formal meal.
2. A Signature Drink: Select a signature drink for your event, like this Lemon-Orange Fizz Mocktail, to keep the festive air high and the "bar" duty minimal.
3. Gorgeous Flatware: Add a splash of unexpected flair that's sure to keep the conversation flowing, like gorgeous glassware or flatware. Feature here: Anthropologie's Bronze Age Flatware.
4. Plates en Masse: Having enough dinnerware to go around means never having to leave guests for mid-party kitchen duty. Pottery Barn's Caterer's 12-Piece Dinnerware Set is the perfect stash for intimate affairs.
5. Ambiance: Nothing says--or creates--ambiance like the perfect lighting. Use candlelight to enhance your setting and create the perfect mood and decor with these beautiful small hurricanes from Crate & Barrel.
6. More Ambiance: Just when you thought you had the perfect atmosphere in place, you must remember to seal the deal with a beautiful fragrance, such as Henri Bendel's Fragrance Reeds in (my favorite) Fig.