Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Birthday Dinner at King + Duke's


Yesterday brought the wonderful gift of another birthday.  I love birthdays and happen to enjoy celebrating my own with rounds of special occasions shared with family and dear friends.  And this year was no exception.  Starting with a Friday night outing and carrying over with other special touches throughout the weekend, my celebration culminated with an amazing dinner shared with a special friend.  

Over the last few months, I began noticing press on one of Atlanta's newer additions to the Buckhead foodscape, King + Duke, helmed by Chef Ford Fry of other favorite Atlanta dining spots.  So when the time to decide on the location of my birthday dinner rolled around, I tossed King + Duke into the pot for consideration, leaving the final decision to my friend who was celebrating me--and for that extra element of surprise that makes birthdays so fun.

King + Duke was crowned the winner and last night we embarked on a journey of varied tastes, some familiar and some not so familiar, but on my running foodie bucket list.  An open fire delivered up roasted, smoky and charred cuisine conveyed through delicacies such as Roasted Bone Marrow and Rabbit 4 Ways.   Succulent sea bass, creamy polenta, warm popovers, and a virtual sea of chocolate for the dessert course, rounded out the evening's presentations and made for a satisfying meal befitting this birthday girl--and the perfect ending to my day days of celebration.


Bread Course
Roasted Bone Marrow
Rabbit 4 Ways
Dark and Cozy Interiors
 
Happy Eating! 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig