Wednesday, June 18, 2014

{Homemade}: Dutch Baby Pancake with Blueberry Compote

I was already thinking of whipping up homemade pancakes as a part of my weekend wind-down, when I stumbled upon a recipe for a homemade dutch baby pancake from Bon Appetit, replete with a homemade fruit compote to take it over the top.  Because it had been years since I'd made my first dutch baby, I was sold and couldn't wait to wake up my kitchen with this scrumptious first bite of the day. 

Moments later, a quick scan of my kitchen pantry and fridge revealed that I had the necessary goods to get this recipe off the ground--but with no cherries and peaches for the compote (as featured on Bon Appetit).   What, then, could I do to still make it work without leaving the compote behind?  I employed my philosophy that cooking is often equal parts inspiration and improvisation--and I improvised!  Instead of a cherry compote, I would take the luscious blueberries I had sitting pretty and make the compote all the same.  (I love it when a plan comes together!)

So without any further ado, I gathered my ingredients and made myself one grand breakfast.  In truth, I didn't allow myself to eat the entire thing since I knew there might be some waistline repercussions, but I savored enough to leave me satiated--and thankful for a little improv.  It was the perfect weekend indulgence, and I hope you'll bring it into your kitchen with the same abandon--and enjoy!

Happy Eating!

Get the recipe here (and substitute fresh or frozen blueberries for the cherries).

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig