Thursday, November 19, 2020

Pumpkin Spiced Bundt Cake


So my recent baking spree continues.  And this time I’m leaning into an uber moist and scrumptious (truly, truly) Pumpkin Spiced Bundt Cake.  Honestly speaking, if calories and such were simply a figment of the imagination, I’d be baking around the clock.  Because…dessert! :)  But alas, reality bites at times, so I try to do myself the favor of not having too many sweet, homemade delicacies on hand.

 

Still, the desire to bake (for the first time this year, I realized) a pound cake in my beautiful bundt pan outweighed any aforementioned caution. ;)  And last Sunday made way for joyous moments dedicated to baking (and relishing) this delicious confection.

 

 

While I take my pumpkin spice indulgences on the lighter side, the pumpkin helps to make this one of the moistest cakes you’ll ever taste, with a gorgeous color, to boot, and coupled with the warm, flavor-full spices, it goes down nice and easy, bite after bite after bite.  And maybe a little too easily in my case; but hey, we have to take our pleasures as they come, no?

 


 

So not one to keep a great thing (especially a great recipe) to myself, I’m sharing this in time for your very own baking indulgence to celebrate Fall, the holidays, or simply continuing to survive the “wonder” that is 2020.  No matter the reason, you’ll be so glad you baked this cake.  And you’ll be overwhelmed with….

 

Happy Eating!

 

Pumpkin Spiced Bundt Cake

 

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour

2 ¼ cups of sugar

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin

3 eggs, room temperature

2 teaspoons baking soda

1 cup canola oil

½ teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1 teaspoon allspice

1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Confectioner’s sugar

 

Method:

Preheat oven to 350° F.

 

Grease cake pan liberally (I used cooking spray) and set aside.

 

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.  Set aside.

 

In a stand-mixer, combine the sugar and oil until well blended (2-3 minutes).  Blend in eggs one at a time, incorporating each fully, before adding the next.  Add in vanilla and blend further.  Add in flour mixture, alternating in batches with the pumpkin until all ingredients are blended in.

 

Pour batter into prepared cake pan and bake in heated oven for 60-65 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, with no crumbs.

 

Let the cake rest and cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a plate or wire rack.  Dust (I used a small mesh strainer) the cake with as much confectioner’s sugar as desired—and enjoy!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig