Sunday, May 22, 2011

My Whirlwind Week in Food: A Recipe Contest, Food Bloggers' Conference and Oodles of Inspiration

WHAT A WEEK!

Last week around this time, I had just recently completed the edits for my cooking video submission for the Cooking Channel's Perfect 3 Recipe Contest.  It was a simultaneous rush of relief and excitement: relief for getting it done and keeping myself in the running for the amazing grand prize and excitement that my recipe for Grilled Steak Tacos with Chipotle Cream and Chimichurri qualified me as a finalist!  I have to admit that I'm still on a high from that one and eagerly awaiting the final verdict on the matter. 

I hope you'll take the time to make the recipe and drop me a note letting me know what you think.  It comes together easily, so with a little advance preparation, you can enjoy it as a quick, weeknight meal--or anytime you fancy.  And if I say so myself, it's quite good!  Finally, a big 'thank you' to those who took the time to support me by voting for my recipe.

I rode the momentum and excitement from the recipe contest into the latter part of the week and the kickoff of the BlogHer Food '11 Conference.  My first blogger conference, I wasn't totally sure of what all it would entail.  The session titles and descriptions sounded compelling, yet practical enough to have true relevance for my benefit.  The added bonus of having it in my own backyard/hometown was the final "sign" that this was a not-to-be-missed event.  While I only had one day to spare for personally attending, I will definitely soak in the live blogging session recaps that BlogHer Food wonderfully provided. 


Me (on the right) and Fellow BlogHer Food Attendees

I looked forward to personally meeting fellow food bloggers, whose talent and professional generosity continue to inspire, along with industry leaders and great brands.  And my experience didn't disappoint.  I did all of the above--and them some--enjoying instruction on everything from working with media and brands, to vlogging, to advice on taking the mobile leap, while also soaking in personal stories of triumph and making great connections.  All of this with great noshing sprinkled throughout the day, no doubt.

My natural high exploded exponentially as the day drew to a close, and I relished what a great one it had been.  As I made the trek home, I reflected on the great impartation I had the good fortune to receive.  Now I must do a deep dive into all I learned and be a good steward of this treasure.  I'll also be sharing some nuggets here on DMRFF, so stayed tuned.  Beyond that, the weekend brought personal blessing and inspiration as I witnessed a dear cousin fulfill his dream of becoming a medical doctor. 

So as I wind down and prepare for the start of yet another week, I wish you Happy Eating and your own boat load of inspiration.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig