Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Best Turkey Burger

I love when food speaks for itself.  

I recall one 4th of July family BBQ at my mom's house.  As is our tradition, everyone contributed a dish or two to the menu to round out the eats, and I offered to make the burgers--my turkey burgers.  Well, let's just say it was the first time my family had tasted them and the oohs and aahhs were literally nonstop.  I loved that everyone was enjoying them so much and felt as if my previously hidden secret (aka recipe) was now exposed and destined to become a family treasure.  That day, like many before and since, my burgers spoke for themselves.



With Summer in full gear and the 4th of July, America's Independence Day, once again on the horizon, I want to pass along the goodness that is my turkey burger recipe.  The best turkey burger, if I may be so bold!  The key to its undeniable goodness lies in a few, simple ingredients that yield a moist, boldly flavored and decadent burger.

The next time you're looking to indulge in a good great burger, you must make this your go-to recipe.  After all, you deserve the best.

Happy Eating!

The Best Turkey Burger
Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
Kosher salt
1 tablespoon of favorite steak or poultry seasoning blend
2 tablespoons steak sauce

Method:
Preheat grill or grill pan.
Add turkey to a large bowl and sprinkle modestly with salt.  Toss in onion, garlic, seasoning blend and steak sauce.  Mix until ingredients are combined, being careful not to over work the mixture.  

With your hand, score the mixture in half vertically, then again horizontally, to create four equally divided sections.  Form each section into a burger patty.

Grill burgers to complete doneness (raw poultry must be cooked through.)  Remove from grill, serve with favorite condiments and toppings and enjoy!

Cook's Note:  While turkey is my protein of choice more often than not, this recipe will sing beautifully with chicken, beef, bison or pork.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig