Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Link Love: A Southern Living Summer

While visiting my mom for Mother's Day weekend, I indulged in my usual habit of leafing through her decor and lifestyle magazines.  At some point along the way, I landed on a Southern Living issue that seemed to transport me right into the middle of Summer -- a scrumptious, mouth-watering, refreshing Summer to be exact.  

It's true that we eat with our eyes first. (At least that's true for me.)  And page after page presented recipes that spawned an inner excitement followed by the exclamation, "Oooh, I'm going to make that!"  It's the raw inspiration that keeps me excited about the joys of cooking and eating.

To make sure I could follow through on my new found excitement, I asked my mom if I could "borrow" her magazine and bring it home with me. :)  She graciously obliged and as the days of Summer unfold, I look forward to making many of the vibrant dishes that will make this one of the tastiest seasons yet.

While I have my mom's August 2012 hard copy edition on hand, I wanted to share the love with these links to some of my favorite recipes from that issue via SouthernLiving.com.

Here's to a Summer of Happy Eating...Southern Living Style!

Sip:
Iced Hibiscus Sweet Tea 

Nibble:
Chipotle Shrimp Cocktail 

Grilled Watermelon with Blue Cheese and Prosciutto 

Salad:
Three Sisters Salad

Main Dish:
Chicken Enchiladas 

Beef-and-Watermelon Stir-Fry

Sweets:
Icebox Butter Cookies

Mexican Chocolate Ice-cream Pie

Photo Credit
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig