Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lunch Bite: Panini with Chicken, Basil and Sun-Dried Tomatoes

Today is a leisurely day--of sorts.  I dedicated the first half to running errands in preparation for an upcoming getaway.  Now, back home, I wanted a delicious bite that would come together easily and quickly and allow me to get on with the second (and more relaxing) half of my day. 

So it seemed like a perfect opportunity for a sandwich bite.  With Ciabatta bread, leftover Rotisserie chicken, fresh basil, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and sun dried tomatoes on hand, it was shaping up to be quite the sandwich indeed.  What could make it even greater?  Turning it into a hot, toasty, melted goodness of a sandwich--i.e. a Panini.


I don't make sandwiches very often these days, but since I took the time to do so today, I decided to make it extra special.  And the simple act of tossing it on my Panini maker did the trick.  (Note: If you don't have a Panini maker handy, you can still get the same results by placing your sandwich in a hot skillet and pressing it with a heavy lid.)

Duly satisfied, now I'm looking forward to a great second half!

Happy Eating!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig