Thursday, May 16, 2013

Simple. Scrumptious. Salmon.

Not everyone I know loves salmon.  But when it comes to the health benefits that this fatty fish dishes up (it's laden with Omega 3s and other essential nutrients, like Vitamin D, and offers preventive protection against various diseases) along with its second-to-none adaptability to a variety of preparations (my favorites include sushi, grilled, pan roasted, blackened and steamed), I have to wonder what's not to love. 

So when I recently found myself approaching dinnertime with no plan or clue of what to eat (does that ever happen to you? :) ), I resorted to my trusty super fish.  Deciding between a grilled or steamed bite was my next (and final) decision to get some food on the table and in my tummy pronto.  I opted for the 'fix it and forget it' steamed preparation and within a matter of minutes, succulent, buttery and perfectly moist salmon was mine for the feasting.

If you're ever in need of a satisfying and healthy meal, that comes together in sheer minutes, I offer you simple, scrumptious salmon.

Happy Eating!

A succulent, flavorful finish

Salmon in Parchment
I love cooking en papillote, especially seafood, and this salmon is a delicious reminder why.

Ingredients:
Salmon fillet
Sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh thyme sprigs
Lemon slices
A "pat" of butter
1 tablespoon of white wine
Parchment for wrapping

Method:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
 
Place salmon in the middle of a parchment square and season liberally with salt and pepper.  Top with lemon slices, butter and thyme.  Drizzle with white wine.  Fold parchment into a tight pouch (folding the tops down and twisting the sides, ensuring it's tightly sealed to allow for steaming.)  Place pouch on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes (depending on the thickness/size of the fillet.)  Remove from the oven, open pouch and enjoy!

 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig