Friday, September 17, 2021

Peach Shortcakes





With Summer officially on its way out in less than a week, I thought one last hoorah was in order on the seasonal eating front.  With everything happening in our world currently, sometimes a bit of happy eating is a welcomed respite from the chaos.


And this season’s eating couldn’t have been any happier than when I was taking in (and taking down -:)) my favorite stone fruits.  As if it was a kiss from above, I’ve had the good fortune of landing on the sweetest, most delicious peaches over the last while.





Mostly I’ve indulged in them in their natural, ‘perfect as is’ state, but considering how easy it would be to throw together a classic favorite with only a bit of extra effort, I went all out last weekend and baked my homemade shortcakes, whipped my sweet, vanilla cream, and sealed the deal with slightly macerated, gorgeously hued, peaches.  


And just like that, happy eating was once again reborn in my kitchen.  So now I’m spreading the happy with my easy recipe, adapted from my Berry and Balsamic Shortcakes, and invite you to indulge once again in the season’s bounty before we turn the page and embrace a new season.





I’m counting on you to do it and I know you, like me, will know the supreme joy of…


Happy Eating!


P.S. If you’ve got extra peaches on hand, indulge further with my Peach CobblerPeach Crisp and Peach Caprese Bites for even more goodness!



Peach Shortcakes


Ingredients:

Fresh peaches, thinly sliced with peel on (*optionally, you can peel your peaches if desired)

2 tablespoons of sugar

1 recipe for shortcakes

1 recipe for whipped cream


Method:

Combine sliced peaches and 2 tablespoons of sugar in a bowl.  Toss to combine and set aside to allow the peaches to macerate and develop sweet peach juices.


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.


Prepare shortcakes according to recipe instructions.


Prepare whipped cream according to recipe instructions.


Assemble shortcakes layering the peaches and cream on top of the halved shortcakes (in as many layers as you like!).


Enjoy!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig