Tuesday, May 2, 2017

{Style Files}: How the Met Gala 2017 Red Carpet Was Slayed

Zendaya, Dolce & Gabbana
Raindrops on roses...whiskers on kittens...bright copper kettles...and Met Gala red carpets.  These are a few of my favorite things.  And last night's red carpet fashion came through in the oft-predictable, glam-slam style that fashion enthusiasts have come to know and love.

LaLa Anthony, Thai Nguyen Atelier
Kylie Jenner, Donatella Versace
I could barely contain myself as Instagram posts and streaming footage, coupled with television coverage, began offering up the starlet looks of the evening.  This year's gala, in honor of Commes des Garcon, brought anticipation of the over-the-top whimsy and flair of many a Met Gala gone by.  But most consistently, it was sighting after sighting of sheer...beauty.  You know the kind of fashion that makes you (okay, that makes me) want to holler?  Yes, those feelings were definitely in operation as I pinned, tweeted, insta-storied and snap-chatted some of my favorites. 

Halle Berry, Donatella Versace
Jennifer Lopez, Valentino
Priyanka Chopra, Ralph Lauren
These looks are the ones that I found to be most stunning and worthy of a little Monday night distraction, even as I told myself that I didn't have time for it.  (But as life has proven, we somehow make the time for what we truly want.)  I wanted all the fashion slaying--and it was served.  Artistically and beautifully so. From fairy-tale, to seductive, to old-world glamour and elegance, to edgy chicness, the style gamut was in full display. 

Cassie, on aura tu vu
Lori Harvey, Dolce & Gabbana

Which is your favorite?  For more Met Gala fashion inspiration, go here.

Happy Styling!

Photo Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig