Tuesday, February 12, 2019

{MAN/WOMAN} MAN Show Autumn/Winter 2019

I momentarily re-entered the world of my dreams during a recent jaunt to NYC.  The dreamland of which I speak was taking in the MAN Show AW19 Collections from MAN/WOMAN, held in New York from January 22-24, 2019.

Despite a full day in the office and freezing temperatures that beckoned anything but being a journalist about town, I would not be deterred from my date with fashion on the cusp of the now running New York Fashion Week (NYFW).

Arriving at Spring Studios was its own moment, taking me back to fond memories of my first NYFW coverage a few years ago during NYFW Spring/Summer 2016.  And the thrill only catapulted as I emerged from the elevator and walked into the collection of collections representing MAN's collective of designers hailing from around the world.

Proudly uniting the best-of-the-best in the global fashion community since its establishment in 2012, MAN/WOMAN has been dedicated to fostering an intimate community of fashion talents from around the globe - welcoming top tier brands, designers and press at their shows in New York, Paris and Tokyo.

It's likely no surprise that menswear is typically not my thing (for obvious reasons), however covering this designer collective was as engaging and arousing as any woman's collection, because ultimately, in the eye of a fashion lover, fashion and design are fashion and design.

With the Canadian designer of Viberg Boot
As I weaved in between racks of styled pieces and displays of everything from shoe wear, to leather accessories, I was enthralled with the rich display of colors, textures, fabric and style from the myriad designer collections represented. Highlighted brands included Fred Perry, Veja, Tanner Goods, Sperry and Oliver Spencer.

And menswear never looked as good, making for...

Happy Styling!


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig