Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Toast With This!: Elderflower Lemonade Spritz

Only a handful of days back home from my most recent jaunts to London and Paris and everything--including the longing to return--is still fresh and vivid in my memory.  As I paused to reflect, I realized that this most recent visit to Paris, in particular, marked the fifth over the past 17 years.  And can I let you in on a secret?  It's still my favorite all these years later.  If you've been following the blog for a while, then you know London is also a fond destination and this third time around was as charming as the first over twelve years ago.

So putting my sentiments to the side, momentarily at least, I want to share an ode to the casual, yet sophisticated, sip that takes many variations among the sidewalk cafes and restaurants throughout each destination: the Spritz.

From the Aperol (which recently underwent a heated review, turned debate, courtesy of New York Times Cooking, but which showed no sign of waning across the pond if my observations are any proof), to the St. Germain, and beyond, the Spritz undoubtedly holds its own as a drink of choice. 

I've created a light, effervescent version that's as refreshing as the Summer days are long and the temps are hot--making it an undeniable go-to all season long. Combining Elderflower Lemonade (I like Belvoir's), Prosecco, and Club Soda for an elegant sip couldn't be easier, or more delicious--and the combined bubbly effect is a lovely bonus. 

If you can't be cafe-side in Paris or London, you can still enjoy the same joie de vivre--and toast with this.

Happy Sipping!

Elderflower Lemonade Spritz
Ingredients:
Elderflower Lemonade (or Lemonade combined with an Elderflower Cordial), chilled
Prosecco, chilled
Club Soda

Method:
Pour Elderflower Lemonade into a glass, followed by Prosecco, and topped off with a splash of club soda.  Stir slightly and enjoy!
  
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig