Friday, May 2, 2014

LADURÉE 2.0

If you've been with me for a while, then you may recall a post (and related video clip) I shared a few years ago where I spilled the beans on Ladurée's grand entrance to the United States food scene by way of NYC.  Not to toot my own horn (well, maybe slightly), but in that post, I shared how there was "talk" about another location to come--one that would be larger--grander--and include a tea salon and other special touches.  

Almost three years, and an abundance of scrumptious macarons, later, Ladurée 2.0 (as I like to refer to it) is here indeed.  Opening its doors earlier this year in February, the newest NYC outpost resides in the uber chic SoHo district, commanding its base as if it's always been. 


I couldn't wait to finally get in on the excitement served up in this latest NYC haute spot.  Prior to these arrivals, I had only tasted of Ladurée during my visits to Paris (I must get back there soon!)  Now, however, there was only a short flight, rather than an ocean, dividing us.  And the new salon, modeled after the flagship store in Champs-Elysees, was a feast for both the eyes and the taste buds.


This time around, I arrived with my lovely pink box (a keepsake from my first visit on Madison Avenue), but never got around to filling it because I dined in and relished all my macarons, accompanied with tea, in the beautiful, sun-lit and infectious salon.  My mom joined me and took a different menu route, noshing on a gorgeous fruit salad.  


All in all, it was a special time of sweet indulgence, centered around one (or two, or three, perhaps four) sweet delicacies.  Ladurée 2.0 is undoubtedly here--to stay.  

Happy Eating!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig