Thursday, April 5, 2018

Pretty in Pink: NYC's Pietro Nolita


I discovered Pietro Nolita, the all pink, intimately chic, yet casual, Italian eatery in New York City, on Instagram, amidst all the rave.

So when my travels landed me back in my favorite of cities during the recent Christmas holidays, there was no question that I would be making its acquaintance.  Had I considered its cuisine or food worthiness?  Not really.  Just the fact that it was ALL PINK and a girly girl's dream.

Pietro NoLita's Jewel Box Exterior
And so my plan of action began: decide on the day and time, find something pink to wear...because photos, and paint the town...red pink.  On the last night of my stay, we arrived for an early dinner before heading off to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular.  And those who know me best, know that an obligatory photo shoot ensued.  Despite the nightfall and blustery weather, I had to get photos of (and with) the adorable pink exterior before heading inside to settle in.

Once inside, more photos were in order, in between placing our orders and chatting up the staff.  And then there was the food.  Oh yes, food.  The reason you ultimately go out to dinner, no?  Now I was remembering the 'why' behind the 'what' of it all.  And I'm happy to say that my dish (a pan-seared sea bass) was delicious and my return is imminent to take in some of the house pasta.  So see, you really can go for the design thrills and leave satiated and...tickled pink. :)

Make it a place to dine whenever you find yourself in NYC looking for a quaint spot to sip and nosh--and it's okay if you don't want to mimic my all-pink enthusiasm.  I'm certain that you'll be enamored all the same by the cozy space and good eats.

Located in Soho (one of my favorite Manhattan districts), the kitchen opens daily from 11am and goes into the wee hours, serving lunch, brunch, and dinner.  There are no reservations, just loads of atmosphere and...

Happy Eating!

Pietro NoLita
174 Elizabeth Street
New York, New York 10012




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig