Monday, June 13, 2011

A Newfound Love: Chelsea Market (In Photos)

New York City is one of my absolute favorite cities, and during my latest visit, I posted up in the chic, perfect for shopping and eating, MeatPacking district.  And nestled among the renowned restaurants, eateries and first-class shopping found there, is the treasure that is Chelsea Market.  The wonderful Chelsea Market.  The one I had heard about many times before, but that somehow never made it into my NYC tours of duty.  Until now.  With little more than a few footsteps separating Chelsea Market and my hotel, it was a date with destiny.


When I say that there was seemingly no end to the bakeries, delis, specialty shops for everything from cupcakes to chocolates to sea salts to gelato to cheeses and more, restaurants (yes, farm to table, seafood, etc.), food markets, and more and more and more, I'm truly not exaggerating.  If there's a culinary mecca to be found, Chelsea Market fits the bill. 

I'll confess that I found myself fighting back slight notions of envy at those fortunate enough to embark upon Chelsea Market daily, weekly or even monthly.  What a treasure to have in your "own back yard".  Although words could never do it justice, maybe my photo memories, while clearly not exhaustive of all the Market has to offer, will take you further in sensing the grandness that is Chelsea Market.

And the next time you're anywhere near Manhattan, I hope you'll make the effort to get acquainted with it on your very own. 

Happy Eating!

The (fabulous) Lobster Place
My lunch of Steamed Lobster--Yum!
Neat Finds - they have almost everything a foodie could want!

Gelato, Gelato, Gelato


Even though you won't have the fun of tasting beforehand, you can order their goodies online, too

Olive Oil Tasting ala The Filling Station

Where I indulged in sea salt tastings before settling on Sel Gris (Grey Salt) & White Truffle Salt

Look at the beautiful colors of the salts!
Jacques Torres Chocolates!


In addition to my gelato fix, I had one of the best chocolate ice cream cones ever from this place







SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig