Thursday, April 2, 2015

Raspberry-Ricotta Cake


The trifecta of berries, baking and dessert seems to have made its way into my kitchen chronicles again recently.  I know I've been sharing a bit along these lines lately, but can you blame me?  Well, if I told you that this latest confection came together in just over an hour (baking time included), you would surely understand why I just had to share.

I discovered the recipe in my March issue of Bon Appetit and knew I would be baking it soon.  And why not?  It's quick, easy (you don't even need a mixer), and delivers up a moist, sweet, berrylicious bite that's ideal for a last minute dessert--or, as in my case, a just because treat.


  Springtime, berries, cake and the joy of baking.  What could be better?

Happy Eating! 

Raspberry-Ricotta Cake
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit

Ingredients:
Nonstick vegetable oil spray
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups ricotta
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 cup frozen raspberries (or blackberries), divided

Method:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Line a 9"-diameter cake pan with parchment paper and lightly coat with nonstick spray.  Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.

Whisk eggs, ricotta and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth; fold into dry ingredients just until blended.  Then fold in butter, followed by 3/4 cup of raspberries, taking care not to crush berries.  Scrape batter into prepared pan and scatter remaining 1/4 cup raspberries over top.

Bake cake until golden brown and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes.  Let cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding.

Do Ahead: Cake can be made 2 days ahead.  Store tightly wrapped at room temperature.   
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig