Wednesday, April 27, 2016

{Spring Popsicles}: Coconut x Lime x Rose x Raspberry

I returned from a quickie getaway to the beach over the weekend that left me relishing Spring--and all its vibes--more than ever.  Back home and searching for kitchen inspiration for the blog, it wasn't long before my musings turned to the yummy, refreshing and whimsical world of popsicles.

I've had these darlings on my radar for quite a while, with the boxed popsicle molds sitting at the ready for about a year now, as a testament.  (Baby steps.)  But the moment finally arrived when Spring fever, coupled with my childlike obsession for all things frosty, could no longer be denied.




Enter my homespun (but delightfully scrumptious--and figure friendly) concoction of slightly sweet, tart, floral, and citrus-y popsicles.  The blend of coconut water, freshly squeezed lime juice, rose water, and surprise!, elderflower cordial, with fresh raspberries for their gorgeous aesthetic effect and tart bite, produced my newest favorite snack that's sure to keep me noshing throughout the remaining days of Spring...and beyond.

Happy Eating!

Spring Popsicles: Coconut x Lime x Rose x Raspberry

Ingredients:
2 cups coconut water
Juice of 2 limes
Teaspoon of rose water
2 tablespoons elderflower cordial
Fresh raspberries

Method:
Combine coconut water, lime juice, rose water and elderflower cordial.  Fill popsicle molds halfway with mixure and add fresh raspberries.  Freeze for about 40 minutes.  Remove molds from freezer and fill with remaining mixture and top off with more berries.  Freeze overnight and enjoy! (Cook's Note: Run molds under warm water if difficult to remove.)  
  
 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig