Monday, January 31, 2022

{In Case You Missed It}: 2021 Highlights

 


I gave myself the grace to remain in a Happy New Year state of mind for the entire month of January.  And so, here I am on the final day (my how time flies!!), sharing my perennial recap of the year gone by.  So before January is a distant memory, let me get on with the D.M.R. Fine Foods highlights of 2021, despite it being another challenging and fulfilling year-in-one.  


I embraced every wave of energy, inspiration, occasion and celebration to make the most of my passions and share them with you.  I’m always grateful for each and every person who shares this journey with me and appreciate every opportunity to make it worth your while.


So without further ado, here are some of my favorite highlights of 2021:


Food

2021 brought more home cooking, as I relished long-time favorites and new recipes, alike. From Creole Jambalaya, to Peach Shortcakes, Peach Crisp, Skillet Cornbread, Stuffing Biscuits, and more, it was nothing short of happy eating on full display. 


Travel

I eased back onto the travel scene with a mix of staycation/short road trips, to quickie flights to Ft. Lauderdale and NYC, a Caribbean getaway to Aruba, and a final jaunt to Las Vegas, replete with the Christmas aura I love to experience during holiday season travels. You can check out my quick and fun travel recap here.


Lifestyle

One of the biggest highlights of the year was being selected as a 2021 Better Homes and Gardens Stylemaker! Can you say awe-mazing?!  It truly was and no less exciting being honored a second time around, following my 2018 BHG Stylemaker selection.  An exceptionally curated two-day event, marked by the best brands and authorities across the lifestyle spectrum, the BHG Stylemaker team and my fellow Stylemakers made for another unforgettable hallmark in my journey to date and a welcomed nod that my contributions matter.


Collaborations

Finally, I enjoyed the privilege of once again collaborating with fellow culinary creators as we hosted the Juneteenth Virtual Cookout, replete with a bevy of recipes, stories and celebration around the theme of freedom and what it means to Black Americans.  I additionally enjoyed the honor of sharing more about what Juneteenth means to me on the Stasherbag instagram platform for the (now federal) holiday commemoration. Other collaborations with high fashion brand Marcell Von Berlin and America's Test Kitchen were also a delight.


All in all, I remain grateful for the blessings God continued to bestow on me, even as we continue to navigate the “new normal” in food, hospitality—and life, as a whole.  As a final reminder, the archives are always available for you to dig in and devour D.M.R. Fine Foods through the years. :)


Thank you again for being here and here’s to a blessed, healthy, and prosperous 2022!


xx,


Dawn

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig