Friday, May 12, 2017

Homemade Marinara and Meatballs with Creamy Polenta

Sundays and homemade comfort food go way back in my family.  From my youngest memories, I can recall coming together for Sunday dinner (whether with the extended village at my grandparents' home or the more intimate connection of my immediate family) and relishing the delight of a homemade feast of some sort.  And while the tradition isn't observed every Sunday (or even every other Sunday, if I'm being completely honest), I have carried the awe and ode to Sunday dinner, made up of good ole' comfort food, with me into my own adult world.

Last Sunday was one such instance.  Making my favorite homemade meatballs and marinara sauce was the highlight of my cooking foray.  And it was all things comforting--the relative ease of bringing the dish together, the anticipation of enjoying the finished product, memories of sharing this beloved dish in days gone by, and the welcomed twist I decided to add.

I broke with my tradition of serving my meatballs and marinara with pasta (linguine, to be exact) and recalled my desire to serve them over polenta one day, as inspired by Chef, Michael Chiarello.  And one day had come.  It was exactly the beautiful, finished dish that I was aiming for--and no less scrumptious.  (The Italians know their stuff!)  A big family style platter of the best comfort food you could imagine was the takeaway for happy mouths and satisfied tummies. 

I must add that this recipe doesn't require a Sunday, or a crowd, to make and enjoy.  It comes together easily enough to match a fast-paced weeknight equally as well as a lazy, indulgent weekend. 

So you choose when and where to indulge and savor....Happy Eating!

Recipe: Homemade Marinara and Meatballs with Creamy Polenta (simply substitute pasta for quick cooking polenta and enjoy!)
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig