Sunday, January 20, 2019

{In Case You Missed It}: 2018 Highlights

Happy New Year (again!)  Amazingly, this year is off to a fast and furious start, with January soon to be in the rear view.  So before any more time elapses, I want to share one of my most favorite perennial posts, highlighting many of the moments that made the year gone by special for me, personally, and for D.M.R. Fine Foods.

Each year it seems like it couldn't get any sweeter and, then, it does!  And that would be 2018.  On a personal note, I enjoyed more fulfilling career, personal, civic, and relational highlights that made everything else the proverbial (and oh so delicious) icing on top.

That "icing" included special moments, among others, in food, travel, lifestyle and media--a well-rounded foray of the good life.  And I'm excited to recap some of the most special for you here, starting with a fun slideshow round-up. (*Recommended: watch in full screen mode.)

Food ~
My year in food included such highlights as once again being a featured blogger and contributor to the acclaimed Black History Month Virtual Potluck, with my Cinnamon Raisin Bread Pudding with Maple Glaze, along with more recipes and foodie indulgences from near and far.

Travel ~
My wanderlust led me to exceptional new destinations, including Cartagena, Colombia and Cozumel, Mexico, and repeat favorites, alike, including South Beach, New York City, Chicago, Orlando and Bermuda.  From the occasional business jaunt, to vacation getaways, 2018 was another year of fulfilling travel and exploration.

Fashion & Lifestyle ~
I experienced of the biggest honors of 2018 on what I'll label as the lifestyle front, which was being selected as a 2018 BHG Stylemaker by Better Homes and Gardens magazine! Can you say, awe-mazing?!  (I'll be a doing a dedicated post soon to share more of the fabulousness of my entire experience, so stay tuned!)  Beyond BHGStylemaker, I had the pleasure of joining gorgeous fashion influencer, CariRene Vintage, for an amazing afternoon of fashion inspiration at the Global Runway Fashion Presentation hosted by the Atlanta Airport.  And as a special bonus, to boot, I met one of my favorite fashion and beauty editors!

Beyond decor and fashion, another highlight included a private Girlfriends' Spa Party courtesy of Giorgio Armani Beauty and Saks Atlanta, making for a great afternoon of pampering with some of my favorite girls.

Media/Collaborations ~
2018 was another standout year on the media and collaboration front.  I was so thrilled to return to the t.v. to share more of my food and lifestyle passions, this time with the fabulous daytime show, Atlanta and Company.  My media footprint continued with my running monthly column with Atlanta Tribune: The Magazine, media corp for my forever favorite Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, and myriad media collaborations on behalf of exceptional local restaurants, wineries, farm co-ops (City Winery Atlanta, Varun Napoli, Dantanna's, Peach Dish), Atlanta Magazine, and more!

I obviously kept to my busier pace but, as always, it was extremely worth it, and equally as special to share it with you here on the blog and via social media.  I thank you for remaining connected and appreciate your ongoing support and interest in my corner of the world.  I love having you along for my journey and look forward to sharing more as 2019 continues to unfold. 

Happy Living!

 




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig