Thursday, January 17, 2019

Apple Crostata

It's hard to argue that buttery, homemade pie crust, topped with apples coated in cinnamon, sugar, orange zest and more, isn't some of the best noshing around.  So much so, that when I prepared that delight, also known as an Apple Crostata, on Thanksgiving morning, it never made it to the Thanksgiving dinner dessert line-up!

Beyond being truly irresistible (you'll bear witness for yourself once you make it), the recipe scores bonus points for the ease in which it comes together, making it ideal for a last minute dessert option with major wow appeal.  It's no secret that fruit crostatas are some of my favorite things to bake (and devour!), and I've long loved this recipe, which hails from one of my biggest food inspirations, Ina Garten (aka The Barefoot Contessa). 

I shared the fruits of my Thanksgiving baking labor, along with some of the morning-of behind the scenes action, but decided it would only be truly fair if I also shared the recipe so that you can make it, too.  So, at last, here it is--in all of its can't-get-enough goodness and perfection for endless....

Happy Eating!

Apple Crostata

 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig