Monday, January 13, 2014

Spinach, Pear and Pomegranate Salad

Spinach, Pear and Pomegranate Salad
Over the holidays I was on the hunt for the perfect green salad to bring to the table.  Then I recalled one of my recent Pinterest additions that fit the bill perfectly.  It was a hearty, yet elegant, spinach salad that combined sweet pears, a slight tang (and gorgeous color accent) from pomegranate seeds, blue cheese and walnuts, for one spectacular dish.  

I knew it was the salad that I wanted to prepare and share with family and friends, as well as one that I happily carried over into my permanent salad repertoire.  With a few slight tweaks--I substituted the blue cheese for the goat cheese that I had on hand and made a sherry vinaigrette to dress the dish--it has become a new (and likely perennial) favorite.  

Hearty enough for a satisfying bite during the cold weather, scrumptious enough to merit regular menu appearances--and chocked full of nutrients!--you'll love bringing this dish to your table.

Happy Eating!

Spinach, Pear and Pomegranate Salad -- recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma

Sherry Vinaigrette
Ingredients:
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1 small shallot, finely diced
1/2 teaspoon honey
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Method:
Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, shallot, honey, and salt and pepper to taste.  Slowly drizzle and whisk in the olive oil.  Drizzle desired amount over salad and toss to coat.  
  




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig