Wednesday, December 23, 2020

D.M.R. Fine Foods, The Blog, Celebrates 10 Years (Pt. 2)



I'm excited to be back sharing more of the highlights and experiences that have made my D.M.R. Fine Foods blogging journey truly rewarding to date.  And I trust that the best is yet to come!  

In this installment, we're going down memory lane for the years of 2013-2015, and believe me when I tell you that they were some of the most progressive and thrilling years, following the amazing-ness of the early years.  So without further ado, let's keep this party train rolling!

2013

2013 highlights brought on the likes of amazing collaborations, including being a founding member of Popsugar Food Select which would segue into the publishing of five of my original recipes on the Popsugar platform and inclusion in additional round-ups, being acknowledged as Blogger of the Week among the cadre of fellow talented bloggers, and sponsored/ambassador campaigns for the Popsugar Must Have Box in the years to follow.  

My collaborations continued as a contributing blogger with the Travelista TV brand, expanding my reach for sharing my travel passion, tips and savvy with fellow travelistas far and wide.  Annnd, I saw another dream come true, as I embarked on my first (of several fully-sponsored/hosted) press trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.  Furthering my voice as a travel journalist and working with tourism authorities, all while taking in the best of a destination, couldn't have been more thrilling and fueling to keep indulging my passions with wild abandon.

2014

And then there was 2014!!! With momentum from the previous years flowing nicely, 2014 highlights brought even more awe-inspiring experiences.  I caught the bug for teaching culinary skills and techniques, while making food a fun and delicious endeavor, during my William-Sonoma days and in 2014 ultimately parlayed that into the realization of  my very own cooking school. (Can you say, dream fulfilled?!). As the pop-up concept was starting to catch on, and with a full-time corporate career in tow, I decided on a pop-up concept that would launch in the Spring of 2014 to raving success.  You can take in more of the amazing highlights from my Techniques and Tastings (TM) Pop Up Cooking School--and stay tuned for future offerings from this well-beloved DMRFF offering.


And if my cooking school wasn't enough, I added another pop up concept, in the way of my Holiday Pop Up Shop, to the mix with our initial launch in December of 2014.  My love of sharing my food with the "masses" beyond the world of media and bespoke cooking classes, was realized in this one-day format where I brought forth many of the recipes that had become customer favorites from my Holiday Sweets and Treats Menu catering days.  Again, I say, stay tuned for more on this front!

I also continued furthering my media and collaboration footprint covering events like the Taste of Atlanta Food Festival, restaurant reviews, being a contributing writer to the Travel Noire platform and crowning the year with another epic, hosted press trip and tourism collaboration to St. Croix in the U.S. Virgin Islands!

2015

The hits just kept on coming with my 2015 highlights!  

I experienced more epic travel forays to new destinations (like Argentina and Uruguay) and repeat favorites (hello Paris and London and NYC), and more, to satisfy my travel passion. 

Back on the media/collaboration front, my footprint expanded to more festivals, including the highly regarded Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, along with more restaurant and food industry event reviews, including Restaurant Week indulgences and more.  I was also honored to have my first of four recipes, to date, published on the FeedFeed!

There was also the matter of having the James Beard Foundation give a nod to my food, accompanied by an award of dinner for two at the James Beard House!!!!! It still remains one of the most special memories in my journey to date--and a night I'll always remember. 

My byline credits expanded to include a lifestyle piece in the June 2015 issue of Upscale Magazine; another honor, indeed.  

And then there was yet another dream come true, as I received my first media invitation to cover the Daniel Silverstain SS16 New York Fashion Week collection (eeek!!!). To know me is to know my life-long (as in adolescent years forward) passion for fashion and my dream of attending fashion week someday.  

And to be clear, all of these highlights were in parallel with blogging my heart out here and staying connected through my social media channels. From 2010 until now, that has always been the format.

So much amazing-ness, so many memories, so much more goodness still to share.  I keep pinching myself and thanking God for all the richness this journey has served (and continues to add) to my life and expression as a creative.  Thank you for being here and for allowing me to share many of the good things that continue to make it worthwhile.  Stay tuned for more in the days ahead. :)

Happy Holidays!

Dawn


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig