Friday, January 17, 2020

{In Case You Missed It}: 2019 Highlights

Happy New Year! How amazing is it that we have crossed the threshold not only into a brand new year, but a brand new decade?!  And, as always, wrapping up a year gives way for my reflection on many of the moments that made it special, indeed.

2019 was not without its ebbs and flows, and despite some of the bumps, bruises and downright difficult moments I encountered, there were undoubtedly so many more special moments that I was blessed to experience and/or create--and I'm excited to recap some of my favorites here for you, as a part of my now running annual highlights.  From food, to travel, to lifestyle and fashion, media collaborations, and sharing with you, it was another very good year for me and D.M.R. Fine Foods.  And considering we're heading into the 10th anniversary of the blog this year (I launched it almost three years after starting my brand and business), I'm thrilled to say that it keeps getting better and better.  And the best is still yet to come!

So to get us going, I'm kicking things off with a fun slideshow round-up. (*Recommended: watch in full screen mode.)



Food ~
My food escapades once again included being a featured blogger in the 3rd annual Black History Month Potluck, which showcased my Spice Roasted Chicken, along with 27 additional recipes from fellow bloggers for a one-of-a-kind expose of the best in black cuisine and culture.  There were additional new recipes brought to life in my kitchen, like my now favorite Hasselback Butternut Squash with Maple Butter, Egg Muffins and more, and favorite sips, including this travel-inspired Spritz and this festive, grown-up twist to apple cider.  From my travels (more on that in a moment), to home cooking, restaurant weeks, local dining experiences, and more, 2019 was a delicious year.

Travel ~
2019 was an epic year of travel for me.  From taking in never-before-visited continents, countries, cities, and states, to revisiting long-time favorites, and making memories all along the way, 2019 kept my wanderlust in full gear.  The lineup included New York City, Florida (Orlando and Destin), Chicago, Thailand (Chiang Mai, Bangkok and Phuket), London, Paris, Arkansas (Little Rock, Bentonville, and El Dorado), and last, but certainly not least, Maui, Hawaii.  Travel is truly life for me, and I'm so grateful to have amassed such amazing experiences and lifetime memories, once again.

But it didn't stop there.  I did a thing and launched my very own travel boutique, to boot.  Taking my expertise and love for travel and extending that to help others explore and create postcard-worthy memories now lines my travel purpose and goals.

Fashion and Lifestyle ~
I started the year with the privilege of indulging my inner fashion bug during the NYFW-adjacent MAN/WOMAN Autumn/Winter 2019 Man Show in NYC.  Can you say my element?! It goes without saying that it was great to be back in the thick of it all.  From a little extra fun with Mac Cosmetics for National Lipstick Day, donning tribal braids for a new look and life lessons, necessary self care, and more, the year brought more of the lifestyle flair that I love.

Media/Collaborations ~
2019 proved to be another exceptional year on the media/collaboration fronts.  From my running monthly column in Atlanta Tribune: The Magazine (which wrapped its 8 year stint!!! last year), to my absolute favorite Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, to ADAC, Slutty Vegan, Candytopia, more phenomenal restaurants (SEAR/Marriott Hotels, Aziza, Mission + Market, Fogo de Chao, Henri's), Diptyque, Home Depot Backyard Night Market, Scotch & Soda, Miracle Atlanta, ESSENCE (dream collaboration!!!), and one truly unforgettable press tour hosted by Arkansas Tourism, I couldn't have asked for a better extension of my bringing my talents and passions to bear across so many phenomenal brands and experiences.  Truly. blessed.

I'm thankful for every experience and opportunity to live and share my passions and expertise.  I thank you for remaining connected and appreciate your ongoing support and interest in my corner of the world.  I love having you along for my journey and look forward to sharing more as 2020 continues to unfold.

Happy Living!

xo,
Dawn



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© D.M.R. Fine Foods. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig